Andrew provides specialist property, infrastructure, contract, commercial, corporate and banking law advice.
Andrew acts for companies developing and operating infrastructure and mining undertakings including airport, coal mine, electricity generation, electricity distribution, gas reticulation, irrigation, port, and regional landfill undertakings.
Andrew provides property advice to owners and occupants of commercial and rural property including in relation to acquisition, development, leasing and disposal. He provides contract, commercial and corporate advice to companies operating in the health, primary produce, research and retail sectors. He also acts for banks and borrowers on funding facilities, lending and security arrangements. He is Deputy Chair of Chapman Tripp's board.
Andrew has advised:
- Meridian on the property aspects of various hydro scheme and wind farm generation projects, on joint venture arrangements for the development of irrigation schemes, and on contractual arrangements relating to consenting for those schemes
- an international mining operator on its coal exploration and mining permits, the negotiation of access agreements, the negotiation of concessions with the Department of Conservation, and agreements with affected landowners for mitigation and the acquisition of land
- MG Marketing on the acquisition, structuring and establishment of business undertakings in Australia and on commercial, corporate and banking aspects of its activities in New Zealand
- Canterbury Waste Services on its acquisition of rural properties and the development and operation of the regional landfill, and
- Blackfish on the development of Porters Ski Field including negotiating the acquisition of land from, and development arrangements with, the Department of Conservation.