Aradhna has broad experience across a range of contractual
arrangements and issues concerning construction law. She also has expertise in
commercial property matters including acquisitions and disposals, leasing and
advising on general property related issues. She provides advice to government
agencies on a wide range of construction contracts and associated agreements,
as well as property related, general commercial, issues including in relation
to transfer of assets, and purchase of services.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Aradhna spent over four years
working in property legal teams in some of Australia’s leading firms. During this
time she helped major Australian banks with a range of leasing and general
property matters across the country, as well as property developers on all
phases of residential property development. This experience and exposure to
large projects has provided useful context for her current role.
Prior to that, she worked on treaty
settlement negotiations and associated issues from both Crown and claimant
group perspectives. She has a range of knowledge with Treaty of Waitangi
- Advised the Ministry of Education on construction projects and property issues for its national schools property portfolio.
- Advised Wellington City Council on construction contracts including developing its latest suite of templates for construction works and services.
- Negotiated and drafted sale and purchase agreements and leases, and progressed staged subdivisions of residential property for large corporate clients.
- Advised NZ Transport Agency on construction matters including assisting in the development of its latest template 'Network Outcomes Contract'.
- Advised Mercury on a number of property law issues concerning several of its hydro stations such as leasing and associated project arrangements, public access and asset management issues.
- Advised a range of core and non-core Crown agencies on the legislative framework governing the use, management and ownership of land owned by those agencies including those affected by the Public Works Act 1981.
of Construction Law council member