Arthur is Chapman Tripp’s Senior Partner and heads the firm's Private Client team.
Arthur has broad legal experience spanning 55 years of practice and is a long standing member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
He advises on all aspects of trusts and other asset owning vehicles. In addition Arthur holds active trusteeships in numerous significant family trusts and estates.
He has also had a wide and varied involvement in corporate and commercial legal practice, including extensive directorate experience with both private and public companies across a wide range of commercial activity.
Arthur is recognised as Band 1 lawyer in Chambers HNW 2018.
- advised on family and inter-generational succession planning
- advised on trust and asset re-organisation, including resettlements and variations of existing trusts
- advised on governance and management for high net worth and business owning individuals and families
- advised on ongoing conduct and administration of family trusts and trust estates
- acted as a trustee of numerous high net worth discretionary family trusts
- acted as a director of special purpose trustee companies, and
- acted as a director of a range of trading and investment companies.
Previously, Arthur has also acted as trustee or chairman of a range of charitable or community organisations including:
- St Johns College Trust Board
- Anglican Investment Trust Board, and
- Bledisloe Estate Trust (Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind).