Ben is a member of our Litigation & Dispute Resolution team based in Christchurch.
Ben specialises in natural resource and urban infrastructure. He has considerable experience in a range of resource management and environmental matters across the South Island and wider New Zealand. Ben also has a continuing civil litigation practice.
Ben has advised:
- various farming and irrigation scheme interests in the Canterbury region on nutrient management for the Selwyn Te Waihora, Ashburton and South Canterbury Chapters of the proposed Canterbury Land & Water Regional Plan
- Bathurst Resources on resource consents, Crown Minerals Act and Conservation Act issues in relation to its Escarpment Mine Project
- Crown Irrigation on environmental and resource management aspects of its investments into major regional irrigation projects
- Christchurch International Airport as a party to judicial review proceedings in the High Court and Court of Appeal on earthquake recovery matters
- Waimakariri Irrigation on resource consent issues relating to the Waimakariri Irrigation Scheme and storage proposals
- Glencoal Energy on its Mangatangi Coal Mine
- Christchurch International Airport on numerous plan change, resource consent and designation issues
- various farmers and irrigation interests in relation to water sharing arrangements and the provision of ‘stored water’ from the Rakaia River
- Ngāi Tahu Farming on its proposed large-scale Balmoral forest conversion and associated irrigation activities in the Hurunui catchment, and
- a range of clients on the proposed Replacement Christchurch District Plan.