Bill focuses on all aspects of commercial property law.
Bill advises clients on the acquisition and development of large commercial property and infrastructure projects; due diligence investigations of commercial property portfolios; design, build and lease contracts for industrial and commercial projects; the sale, purchase, management and leasing of substantial commercial portfolios; the negotiation of property-related joint ventures; the drafting of project agreements for major infrastructure projects, the financing, subdivision and sale of residential subdivisions and applications under the Overseas Investment Act for farm, resort and life style properties.
Bill is recognised as a Band 1 lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 and is recommended in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018.
Bill has advised:
- Fu Wah New Zealand on the acquisition of the long-term ground lease of the former Team New Zealand site for its seven-storey Park Hyatt hotel in the Wynyard Quarter in Auckland
- The Warehouse Group on selling its 1.4 hectare site in Newmarket, Auckland to be part of a mixed-use retail, office and accommodation development
- The Warehouse on the leasing, refurbishment, acquisition and sale of its major retail stores and distribution centres, and the development and sale of the Silverdale Shopping Centre
- McConnell Group on the acquisition, subdivision, development and sales of the Addison and Anselmi master planned residential developments
- Todd Property and its predecessors on the subdivision and sale of Stonefields and Long Bay, including private development agreements with (then) ACC and NSCC, and on the development of the Ormiston Town Centre
- private investors on the acquisition of the freehold titles of Beaumont Quarter, the merger of the leasehold unit plans into freehold plans, and the sale of the freehold units to existing lessees
- private and corporate international investors on significant applications to the Overseas Investment Office for commercial property, forests, resorts, farms and lifestyle properties, including:
- Shanghai Pengxin on the OIO application for the Crafar Farms portfolio
- Shanghai Cred on the acquisition and development of the Carrington Resort
- a United States based private investor on the acquisition and development of the Tara Iti Golf Course Resort at Te Arai
- Nimble Group on their New Lynn residential development
- Stevenson Group on the property aspects of the development of an industrial business plant at Drury South
- private investors on acquisition of debt and securities from the Brookfield/Goodman Sachs consortium, and related property transactions including development of the Tauranga Crossing Shopping Centre, and
- represented Shanghai Pengxin in its successful application to purchase substantial dairy farming assets (the Crafar Farms) in New Zealand and assists other Chinese entities on their New Zealand investments.