Briar specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on commercial advice for iwi and hapū entities, Māori businesses and Māori land owners.
Briar advises clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including post-treaty settlement transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and collective iwi arrangements.
Briar is of Ngāti Rangiwewehi and Ngāti Whakaue descent. She is a speaker of Te Reo Māori and is a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture.
- Tātau Tātau o Te Wairoa Trust on its ownership and representation arrangements
- Ngāti Hauā on its corporate structuring arrangements
- the Iwi Working Group on an independent review of ongoing funding to Te Ohu Kaimoana
- multiple iwi and hapū on post-settlement governance entity structuring, and
- the New Zealand Superannuation Fund on a potential investment in an aged care development.