Cathryn specialises in banking and finance law.
Cathryn advises clients on a wide range of banking transactions and has a particular interest in corporate finance, syndications and property financing.
She also advises banks and receivers on the restructuring and enforcement of distressed assets.
Cathryn is recognised as a leading banking and finance lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 and Chambers Asia Pacific 2017.
Cathryn has advised:
- Precinct Properties on its $860m syndicated bank facilities, which will be used to help fund the upcoming development of a new 39-level office skyscraper known as Commercial Bay in Auckland, as well as on its retail bond issue and US private placement
- Property for Industry on the refinance of its $375m syndicated bank facilities
- NZME on its bilateral bank facilities which facilitated its demerger from APN News and Media
- Willis Bond on its development funding for its Wynyard Central residential apartment projects at Wynyard Quarter in central Auckland and for a mixed social/private housing development in Takapuna
- Westpac New Zealand on the funding package offered to the Hapori Connect Tauranga Consortium as part of its bid for the Tauranga Social Housing transaction
- the syndicate of banks to Goodman Property Trust (GPT) on facility and security documentation including intercreditor security trust arrangements with GPT’s bondholders
- Queenstown Airport on its new bilateral bank facilities
- Evolution Healthcare on its acquisition funding for the purchase of Connor Healthcare, and
- Mighty River Power (now Mercury) on its $300m oversubscribed capital bond issue and NZX Debt Market listing.