Chris specialises in corporate and commercial law.
He advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, group reorganisations, equity investments and commercial contracts.
Chris re-joined the firm in 2019 after spending three years in Washington, DC where he gained an advanced degree in international business and economic law and admission to the New York State bar. During this period Chris also acted as Legal Counsel for New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, the New Zealand government’s trade promotion agency.
Chris has advised:
- the previous owners of the New Zealand Institute of Sport on its acquisition by Intueri Education group
- Vector on the $20m acquisition of Arc Innovations Limited from Meridian Energy and entry into associated long-term electricity smart metering deployment contracts
- a multi-national insurance group on the New Zealand aspects of its global restructuring
- ikeGPS on its $25m IPO and NZX Main Board listing, and
- Infratil, the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Z Energy on the $840m IPO and associated listing on the NZX Main Board and ASX of Z Energy.