Cressida is a senior solicitor specialising in employment law, with a particular interest in dispute resolution and mediation.
Cressida was admitted as a UK-qualified solicitor in April 2007 and spent seven years working in the UK for two leading boutique employment law practices. She worked briefly for the employment team in a large international law firm in Dubai, before moving on to New Zealand and joining Chapman Tripp's litigation and dispute resolution team in August 2016.
Cressida advises both corporates and individuals on the full range of employment and health and safety matters. She has represented clients in mediations, assisted clients with managing disputes and workplace change and works alongside clients to support and train them on a broad spectrum of employment issues.
- advised clients on a variety of employment topics, including disciplinary and grievance processes; Holiday Act claims; restructuring and redundancy; restraints of trade and collective agreements
- advised on the employment aspects of commercial transactions
- appeared on behalf of clients in mediations and negotiated settlements for the firm's key clients
- assisted in workplace investigations and internal processes
- drafted and reviewed key employment documentation for large employers, and
- provided training to managers within organisations on topical employment law issues.