Dan specialises in property law.
Dan advises clients on commercial property and property development matters including acquisitions, disposals, and leasing work within the office, industrial, and retail sectors, due diligence investigations and development projects.
- acted for a publicly listed property and fund management company on its acquisitions and leasing matters, including circa $100m acquisitions for a recently established value add fund
advised Precinct Properties on its retail lease to H&M (H&M’s flagship NZ store)
- managed a substantial retail lease portfolio for the world’s largest tyre manufacturer, including all leasing matters
- acted for a Korean publicly listed company on the acquisition of a New Zealand forestry portfolio. This included portfolio investigation and analysis, SPV structuring, obtaining overseas investment consent, financing (overseas bank), and emissions trading advice
- provided overseas investment advice to a US student accommodation fund on the foreign investment requirements of its potential acquisition of three New Zealand student accommodation houses
- advised a Sovereign Wealth Fund on a potential acquisition of a $60m data centre. This included the development agreement, overseas investment consent, and leasing advice
- managed real estate matters for a UK fund manager and property advisors including disposals (predominantly by Irish Real Estate Funds) and leasing matters, and
- advised a large New Zealand property developer on hotel developments and sell downs. This included site investigation, financing, and acquisition, hotel development, financing, and management arrangements, marketing, sell-down and lease back of the hotel units (including compliance with Financial Markets legislation), unit ownership structuring, and services agreements.