Specialising in commercial litigation and
dispute resolution, Edward has a particular interest in construction, product
liability and property-related issues.
Edward started his law career as a Judges’
Clerk before joining Chapman Tripp.
He has expertise in a broad range of
disputes, including those arising from product liability, construction and property
issues, business acquisitions, regulatory prosecution, general contract and
Edward is also Chair of Chapman Tripp's
Corporate Social Responsibility Committee.This Committee administers the firm’s
substantial portfolio of pro bono work, as well as our sustainability and
- Advises James Hardie New Zealand on weathertight homes litigation, including two significant class actions.
- Representing the Ministry of Health in a complex dispute over the construction of a hospital, including substantial delay and cost claims.
- Acting for a major New Zealand contractor in claims arising from an abortive infrastructure project in the Pacific Islands.
- Advising a major New Zealand electricity generator on issues arising from the design and construction of a new geothermal plant, including claims for defective design and under the available business interruption insurance policy.
- Advising NZ Transport Agency on a range of property and construction-related issues arising from substantial motorway upgrading projects.
- Acting for an offshore bank in multi-jurisdictional proceedings required to enforce security over New Zealand properties.
Building Industry Federation board member