Emma specialises in corporate finance law advising banks, corporates, state-owned enterprises, and other entities.
Emma has particular experience in acquisition finance and debt capital markets, and has also advised a range of clients in relation to project finance transactions, syndicated and bilateral bank financing, structured finance transactions, ISDA agreements and personal property securities issues.
Emma is recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2018.
Emma has advised:
- Z Energy on the funding of its $785m acquisition of Chevron New Zealand’s downstream operations in New Zealand
- Z Energy all aspects of its debt funding, including bank facilities, capital markets transactions and supplier working capital arrangements
- Powerco on a range of financing matters, including bank facilities and capital markets transactions
- the syndicate of lenders to Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board on funding the acquisition of AMP Capital Property Portfolio’s assets in New Zealand, worth in excess of $1b
- Chorus on its bank facilities and EMTN programme
- ANZ, as lender and agent, in respect of facilities provided to Synlait Milk and Purata Farming (formerly Synlait Farms), including facilities for construction of a milk processing plant
- AATS Group (SkyBus) on funding-related aspects of its acquisition of Airbus Holdings Limited and its subsidiary Airbus Express
- major New Zealand banks on compliance with the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act and Fair Trading Act
- ASB Bank and ASB Finance in relation to a EMTN programme
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council on its innovative public offer of NZX Debt Market listed perpetual preference shares in Quayside Holdings, and
- the senior lenders to Affinity Equity Partners on the acquisition of Tegel Foods.