Emma specialises in corporate finance law advising banks, corporates, state-owned enterprises, and other entities.
Emma has particular experience in acquisition finance and debt capital markets, and has also advised a range of clients in relation to project finance transactions, syndicated and bilateral bank financing, structured finance transactions, ISDA agreements and personal property securities issues.
Emma is recognised for her banking and finance experience by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 and Chambers Asia Pacific 2016.
Emma has advised:
- Z Energy on the funding of its $785m acquisition of Chevron New Zealand’s downstream operations in New Zealand
- Z Energy all aspects of its debt funding, including bank facilities, capital markets transactions and supplier working capital arrangements
- Powerco on a range of financing matters, including bank facilities and capital markets transactions
- the syndicate of lenders to Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board on funding the acquisition of AMP Capital Property Portfolio’s assets in New Zealand, worth in excess of $1b
- Chorus on its bank facilities and EMTN programme
- ANZ, as lender and agent, in respect of facilities provided to Synlait Milk and Purata Farming (formerly Synlait Farms), including facilities for construction of a milk processing plant
- AATS Group (SkyBus) on funding-related aspects of its acquisition of Airbus Holdings Limited and its subsidiary Airbus Express
- major New Zealand banks on compliance with the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act and Fair Trading Act
- ASB Bank and ASB Finance in relation to a EMTN programme
- Bay of Plenty Regional Council on its innovative public offer of NZX Debt Market listed perpetual preference shares in Quayside Holdings, and
- the senior lenders to Affinity Equity Partners on the acquisition of Tegel Foods.