specialises in corporate and commercial law with a particular emphasis on
mergers and acquisitions, construction and procurement contracts, joint venture
arrangements, takers, securities law and finance.
With considerable experience in procurement and construction
law, Fiona has in-depth knowledge of the NEC4 suite of construction contracts
and other New Zealand and international forms of procurement and construction conventions.
- ASX-listed QMS Media on the merger of its New Zealand businesses with MediaWorks Investments
- SLI Systems on a takeover offer and subsequent delisting from the NZX main board
- Christchurch City Holdings on its 2017 and 2018 retail bond issues, listing those bonds on the NZX debt market and implementation of a commercial paper programme
- Wynyard Group on its $65m IPO and NZX main board listing
- Kathmandu Holdings on the 2015 takeover offer by Briscoes Group for all of the shares in Kathmandu and on its 2017 capital raising
- Holcim on the sale of its lime and aggregate businesses and the consultancy, supply and construction contracts for its cement import facilities
- Antarctica New Zealand on the procurement strategy and consultancy and procurements contracts for the Scott Base redevelopment project
- Meridian Energy on procurement work for its Mill Creek, West Wind and Te Uku wind farms and refurbishment of its hydro stations ; and Meridian Energy Australia on construction and procurement contracts for the Mount Mercer Wind Farm in Australia.
Member of Society of Construction