Frank has over 20 years’ experience in regulatory, public policy and legislative processes as well as corporate governance, corporate advisory and transactional expertise.
Frank combines a strong understanding of government processes and policy, along with extensive corporate experience. His government experience reflects a comprehensive engagement record. He has previously held roles within the public service as a Deputy Secretary at the Ministry of Justice and working at the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The combination of Frank's government and private sector experience and skills enables him to operate comfortably and effectively at the interface of the private and public sectors, helping develop, broker and oversee solutions that meet both public policy and commercial objectives.
Frank's experience includes:
- Working at the interface of the public and private sector in relation to matters of significant reform including:
- the establishment of Fonterra and the relevant regulatory framework for the dairy industry
- the modernisation of our financial market regulation and the demutualisation of the New Zealand stock exchange
- advising the New Zealand Treasury on the implementation and administration of the Crown's Retail Deposits Guarantee Scheme;
- advising the Christchurch City Council on governance structures and the legislative framework for the on-going regeneration of Christchurch post earthquakes.
- Advising the private and public sector, both domestically and internationally, on a range of policy and law reform matters including: financial market reform, regulation of financial intermediaries, trust law reform, telecommunications reform; urban development reform; climate change-related reform etc.
- Working effectively with a range of stakeholders and decision makers including chairing government inter-agency meetings, stakeholder meetings and representing New Zealand internationally at various forums including the UNHRC, OECD and Financial Action Task Force related meetings, and
- Providing advice to Governments, management and in-house counsel, both domestically and internationally on a range of legal, policy, governance and strategic issues including commercial, government and public administration.