years’ experience, Frank advises clients across regulations, public policy and
legislative processes, corporate governance, corporate advisory and
Frank combines a strong understanding of government
processes and policy, along with extensive corporate experience. His government
experience reflects a comprehensive engagement record. He has previously held
roles within the public service as a Deputy Secretary at the Ministry of
Justice and working at the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The combination of Frank's government and
private sector experience and skills enables him to operate comfortably and
effectively at the interface of the private and public sectors, helping
develop, broker and oversee solutions that meet both public policy and
- Working at the interface of the public and private sector in relation to matters of significant reform including:
- establishing Fonterra and relevant regulatory framework for the dairy industry
- modernisation of our financial market regulation and demutualisation of the New Zealand stock exchange
- advising New Zealand Treasury on the implementation and administration of the Crown's Retail Deposits Guarantee Scheme
- advising Christchurch City Council on governance structures and the legislative framework for the on-going regeneration of Christchurch post earthquakes.
- Advising the private and public sector, both domestically and internationally, on a range of policy and law reform matters including: financial market reform, regulation of financial intermediaries, trust law reform, telecommunications reform; urban development reform; climate change-related reform etc.
- Working effectively with a range of stakeholders and decision makers including chairing government inter-agency meetings, stakeholder meetings and representing New Zealand internationally at various forums including the UNHRC, OECD and Financial Action Task Force related meetings.
- Providing advice to Governments, management and in-house counsel, both domestically and internationally on a range of legal, policy, governance and strategic issues including commercial, government and public administration.