Gerard specialises in corporate and
institutional finance. He advises financial institutions and borrowers on a
wide range of transactional and corporate finance product offerings. He has a
particular expertise advising on general lending, refinancing, leveraged, project and acquisition funding transactions; securitisation and warehouse funding programmes; project and infrastructure finance; international trade, pre-export and cross-border export credit agency-backed facilities and instruments; and transactional bank product development and documentation.
uniquely placed to understand your financing requirements having worked across
the banking product spectrum both in private practice at Chapman Tripp and
Linklaters and in-house at a major New Zealand bank.
Recognised as a next generation lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Working with international and domestic lenders to each of Auckland University, Sky Network Television, Enviro (NZ), Steel & Tube and Restaurant Brands on their senior debt refinancings.
- Assisting Westpac with the establishment of receivables warehouse securitisation programmes for each of Thorn Group Financial Services and Eclipx NZ.
- Advising Westpac as lead arranger on financing arrangements for the acquisition of two significant Todd Energy power assets.
- Assisting Crown Irrigation with subordinated funding for the Central Plains irrigation scheme.
- Advising Export Credit Norway, GIEK and MUFG on the export credit agency-backed financing, construction and delivery of Sealord's flagship deep-sea fishing trawler.
New Zealand market
subcommittee of the Australian Securitisation Forum