Gerard specialises in corporate and institutional finance.
He advises financial institutions and borrowers on a wide range of transactional and corporate finance product offerings and debt restructures.
Gerard is uniquely placed to understand your financing requirements having worked across the banking product spectrum both in private practice at Chapman Tripp and Linklaters and in-house at a major New Zealand bank.
He has a particular expertise in syndicated lending, corporate, acquisition and project finance, securitisation, structured product, receivables finance and export credit finance.
Gerard has advised on:
- general lending, refinancing, leveraged, project and acquisition funding transactions
- securitisation and warehouse trust financing programmes
- master lease asset financing programmes, aircraft financing and the establishment of receivables purchase schemes
- hedging and associated credit support arrangements
- international trade, pre-export and sovereign export credit related facilities and instruments, including cross-border sovereign export credit agency-backed financings
- New Zealand components of structured trade finance matters, and
- bank transactional product development, processes and documentation.