Greg specialises in corporate and commercial law, focusing primarily on privately negotiated mergers and acquisitions.
He advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including privately negotiated mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures, reorganisations and capital raisings.
Greg joined Chapman Tripp in 2018 from global law firm Dentons, having worked in Dentons’ Sydney office. He worked at another leading New Zealand law firm before moving to Sydney.
Greg has assisted:
- Evolution Healthcare and Sante Capital on the New Zealand aspects of the sale of securities to Pacific Equity Partners
- Integral Diagnostics on the New Zealand aspects of its acquisition of all shares in three companies that operate radiology practices in Auckland
- Gas Services NZ MidCo Limited on its acquisition of all shares issued by Rockgas Limited from Contact Energy Limited
- Direct Capital and Forge Trustee Company Limited on their sale of all shares in Hiway Group Limited to a holding company of Pacific Equity Partners, and
- a dual listed (ASX and NZX) client to prepare for an accelerated renounceable entitlement offer to raise funds for acquisitions.
In Sydney, he advised clients on a broad range of international and domestic transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and cross-border reorganisations. This included assisting:
- a client listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange on its potential acquisition of all share capital issued by Oakmoore Pty Ltd as part of a competitive sales process
- the private equity division of an international financial institution on the Australian aspects of its investment in Tat Hong Holdings Ltd, the largest crane-owning company in the Asia-Pacific region, and
- a global supplier of telecommunications and information technology, which is listed on both the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges, on its successful tender to implement 5G telecommunications networks.