experience across a wide range of infrastructure, utilities, property matters
and IT services contracts, Greg advises a broad range of clients on contracting
considerable expertise in infrastructure projects and transactions involving
large and complex property holdings. Greg also advises on matters involving
construction procurement and probity and has advised on some of New Zealand’s
most complex property and construction transactions.
his experience across infrastructure, Greg has worked on numerous largescale
projects. His work includes assisting Powerco with its electricity
infrastructure construction and roll out in the North Island, including upgrade
and replacement of existing works under the Electricity Act. He has also helped
Spark, Chorus and NZ Transport Agency to divest and subdivide multiple
properties involving clearance and other Public Works Act 1981 issues.
Greg’s career he spent several years as an advisor and in-house corporate
counsel to Spark (formerly Telecom) practicing in areas of property and
construction, telecommunications and IT. This experience means that he provides
commercially astute and pragmatic advice.
- advising the Ministry of Education in relation to its school capital works construction programme of over $1.6 billion in active projects throughout schools in New Zealand, including the automation of construction contracts and consultancy agreements to drive efficiencies
- working with Department of Corrections on the recent development agreement, construction elements and leasing of its head offices in Wellington as part of the Government's $500m WAP2 office accommodation project, one of the largest leasing project in New Zealand's history
- assisting Mercury NZ on all property aspects of the establish and acquisition of the $450M Turitea wind farm currently under construction, when completed will form New Zealand's largest wind farm by output
- advising Wellington City Council on various construction projects including, the $23M Johnsonville Library, Basin Reserve re-strengthening, St James Theatre re-strengthening and the outsourcing of maintenance of its $1.6B roading infrastructure
- working with Spark on the construction and leasing of its offices at Willis Street, Wellington and Victoria Square, Auckland - together the largest single tenant design build and commercial leasing transactions in New Zealand's history
- acting for Shell New Zealand on infrastructure transfer elements of its $335m sale of the Maui Pipeline to First Gas including novel arrangements for the joint use of gas transmission infrastructure
- advising Ministry of Health on probity matters for the $650m plus Burwood Hospital and Christchurch Hospital Redevelopment Projects, collectively New Zealand's largest ever health facility construction programme (demolition, refurbishment and new build).
Society of Construction Law
Property Council New
Property Law Section of the
New Zealand Law Society