Gwyn is a senior associate in our banking and finance team who recently joined after returning to New Zealand following a number of years spent working with a top tier Sydney firm. Prior to this he worked at a 'Big 4' advisory firm in Auckland.
Gwyn focuses on advising on local and international leveraged, acquisition, syndicated, infrastructure and general finance transactions. Gwyn has extensive experience in LBOs, acquisitions, privatisations and project finance/PPPs. He has advised a wide range of clients including equity investors, sponsors, lender syndicates, security trustees, borrowers and arrangers on M&A transactions, IPOs, real property projects as well as mezzanine financing. Gwyn also has experience with implementing hedging and negotiating ISDAs in support of debt finance packages.
Gwyn has advised:
- lender syndicates in relation to:
- $10.258b privatisation of TransGrid, the NSW 'Poles and Wires' electricity transmission network
- Hastings consortium's $1.75b privatisation of the Port of Newcastle
- fully documented bid for the $5b privatisations of Port Botany and Port Kembla
- $250m student accommodation PPP with Living + Learning Partners consortium and the University of Wollongong
- $1.8b Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP to construct, operate and perform facilities management services
- TPG Capital and other sponsors in relation to the $1.215b acquisition of DTZ Property Group and subsequent merger with Cushman & Wakefield
- Quadrant Private Equity in relation to its acquisition of Real Petfoods (formerly VIP Petfoods) and the subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Nature's Gift
- Qube in relation to its general investment grade corporate financing and recent investment in Asciano
- Accolade Wines in relation to its global secured receivables finance arrangements with GE and several brand and winery acquisitions in Australia, North and South America, and New Zealand
- Coates Hire in relation to its corporate finance arrangements and the acquisition of Force Corp
- Spotless Group, a facility services and management company, in relation to its $1b investment grade facilities
- Alinta Energy in relation to refinancing its $1.6b secured debt facilities, and
- CHAMP Private Equity in relation to its acquisition of Accolade Wines (formerly Constellation Wines).