Hamish practises corporate and commercial and property law.
Hamish advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, major infrastructure projects, restructuring & insolvency, outsourcing and information technology for a variety of business entities and contractual arrangements in New Zealand and Europe. He also advises on corporate governance and regulatory requirements for public bodies and listed entities.
Hamish is recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 for his corporate and mergers and acquisitions experience.
Hamish has advised:
- EQC in relation to the RFP, tender evaluation and contracting of its Project Management Office (PMO) for the Canterbury earthquakes. This process involved, in a matter of weeks, a competitive international tender process that resulted in Fletcher Construction being appointed as PMO for an estimated 100,000 claims valued at over $2.5b
- Kathmandu Ltd on its initial public offering (IPO)
- Shell Exploration NZ as operator of the Pohokura Joint Venture
- on incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures, including innovative models for (co-operative) joint ventures for certain species newly introduced to New Zealand’s fisheries quota management system
- receivers, mortgagees, liquidators, and financiers on security issues for real and personal property, including contested situations, and
- property developers and others on creditor compromise arrangements and restructuring proposals.