Hayden advises on a broad range of banking transactions, with a particular focus on corporate and property finance.
He returned to New Zealand in 2018 after working in leading law firms in London and Jersey where he advised clients on a wide variety of financing transactions, specialising in cross-border real estate financing.
Hayden was recognised as a recommended lawyer in Jersey by Legal 500 United Kingdom 2017.
Hayden has advised:
- both borrowers and bank syndicates on syndicated and bilateral facilities and refinancing transactions
- property developers, including Willis Bond and Todd Property Group, on their development facilities, and
- on both local and cross-border acquisition funding transactions, including Moa Group on the debt financing for its acquisition of Savor Group.
During his time in London and Jersey, he advised:
- Aerium on the acquisition and financing of One Central Square, Cardiff, and
- Standard Chartered Bank on conventional and Islamic lending provided to the Employees Provident Fund in relation to various portfolios of the UK real estate and on the partial refinancing of the Battersea Power Station development.