James is a senior
solicitor in Chapman Tripp’s private client team, specialising in trust matters including trust formation and
administration, trust structuring and succession planning.
James has experience in, and a broad knowledge of,
trust law from both a private client and commercial perspective.
joining Chapman Tripp, James was a solicitor in a boutique law firm
specialising in trusts and personal asset planning and in a funds management
team at another national law firm.
- advised individuals and families on designing asset protection structures and inter-generational succession plans
- advised on trust and asset re-organisation, including resettlements and variations of existing trusts
- advised on ongoing conduct and administration of family trusts and trust estates
- advised on establishing alternative asset owning vehicles such as limited partnerships and companies, and
- been actively involved in making submissions on the new Trusts Bill as well as the Law Commission's previous report on trust law and various issue papers on specific trust law issues.