Jana advises on a broad range of funding transactions, with a particular focus on corporate and acquisition finance as well as securitisation and other structured financing transactions.
With experience acting for financial institutions, sponsors and corporate borrowers, she can advise on all aspects of domestic and international traditional bank funding structures, securitisation programmes, common terms debt financing platforms and cross-border transactions. Jana also has expertise in project finance and infrastructure transactions.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Jana worked at top-tier firms in London and Sydney which means that she has a wealth of experience on international transactions across jurisdictions which she can apply to transactions in New Zealand for the benefit of her clients.
- Advised both borrowers and domestic and international banks on a wider syndicated and bilateral facilities and refinancing transactions, including the banking syndicates to Fletcher Building, Tourism Holdings and Goodman Property Trust.
- Assisted both arrangers and trustees on consumer and residential mortgage backed securitisation and warehouse trust financing programmes, including Westpac as arranger and facility provider on Avanti Finance's consumer finance securitisation programme and Conrad Funds Management's warehouse securitisation programmer.
- Acted for Pepper Group on the establishment of its NZ warehouse.
- Advised Westpac on its project finance lending to Todd Corporation for the procurement of two 100MW gas-fired peaker power plants in Taranaki, New Zealand.
- Assisted ANZ with the voluntary administration of CBL.