Jarrod specialises in private client, trust and charity advisory work.
Jarrod focuses on asset structuring and personal asset planning for New Zealand families and advising clients on general trust and relationship property matters. He also works with charities on establishment and governance issues.
He has extensive international and domestic experience in tax and banking and finance, with positions in leading international law firms Clifford Chance and Allen & Overy in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and London. Jarrod is a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and IFA (International Fiscal Association).
Jarrod also advises various iwi and Maori organisations around charitable vehicles and contractual arrangements, helping to achieve their commercial, social and cultural objectives.
Jarrod has returned to Chapman Tripp after four years as a partner at another top-tier New Zealand law firm.
- established trusts and other estate and wealth-planning structures for New Zealand families taking into account succession and other inter-generational needs
- advised trustees on a range of governance, administration and reporting issues and trust resettlements, variations and reorganisations
- advised clients on matrimonial and other relationship property issues and documented relationship property agreements
- assisted offshore clients and their family offices on issues related to immigration to New Zealand and advised on cross-border asset protection structures and estate planning matters
- assisted charitable trusts and incorporated societies on establishment issues, restructurings, membership and governance matters, and
- advised iwi organisations on structural issues and governance matters.