Jeremy has expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital and information and communications technology. His particular focus on Angel investment means he is well placed to help start-up companies.
He advises clients on a range of matters, including the structuring and establishment of venture capital funds, sale and purchase agreements, limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements and other commercial contracts.
During Jeremy's career he has been seconded to Bayer and Westpac, where he gained a detailed understanding of how large companies operate and what they expect from their legal advisors. This enables him to provide legal advice that is practical and commercially focused.
- Advised Augusta Capital on the proposed takeover of Augusta by Centuria Capital.
- Assisted B2A Technology SAS with its acquisition of Glidepath Systems Limited.
- Advised Direct Capital on the sale of Hiway Group Limited.
- Advised ANZ Bank New Zealand on its sale of OnePath Life NZ for $700m to Cigna Corporation.
- Worked with Pencarrow Private Equity on the sale of Brewgroup to Jacobs Douwe Egberts and the sale of Icebreaker to VF Corporation.
- Advised New Zealand Venture Investment Fund Limited with:
- investment in various venture capital funds, including MOVAC Fund 3 LP, GRC SinoGreen Fund III, LP and GD1 Fund II, LP
- co-investment partnerships entered into by its Seed Co-investment Fund and co-investments in over 100 early stage companies
- exits from various portfolio companies
- issues with fund managers, co-investment partners and investee companies.
New Zealand Private Capital