Jeremy specialises in litigation and dispute resolution, with experience in commercial and public law disputes.
He advises clients on professional disciplinary processes; company directors’, auditors’ and statutory supervisors’ liability; disputes under complex IT contracts; privacy and confidential information; claims arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes; and contractual and statutory interpretation.
- acted as part of the legal team for claims brought against a large failed finance company's directors and auditors
- acted as junior counsel in an air cargo carrier’s defence against an exporter's claims under the Commerce Act
- acted for clients subject to investigations by the Privacy Commissioner and Ombudsman
- argued for permanent injunctions (obtained) preventing further online disclosure of leaked commercial information
- obtained a charitable trust’s registration as a charity, its original application having been resisted, and
- appeared as junior counsel in the High Court and as sole counsel in case management and judicial settlement conferences in the District and High Courts.