Specialising in various aspects of corporate finance, Jessica Elder advises borrowers and lenders on syndicated and bi-lateral bank financing, wholesale and retail bond offers and other capital markets transactions.
Jess can provide sound counsel to organisations operating across Asia Pacific, and has previously practised in Hong Kong as a registered foreign lawyer seconding with Clifford Chance.
She also advises clients on commercial law, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised ANZ on New Zealand's first sustainability-linked loan (to Synlait Milk).
- Advised multiple corporate issuers with bond issuances, including Z Energy, Wellington International Airport, Chorus and Housing New Zealand Limited.
- Advised Powerco on a range of financing matters, including bank facilities and capital market transactions.
- Assisted Z Energy on a range of financing matters, including for its acquisition of Chevron New Zealand.
- Assisted Chorus with its bank facilities, EMTN programme and retail bond offers.
- Acted for Beijing General Aviation on its 50% investment in Pacific Aerospace.
Wellington Young BFSLA Committee member