Jill specialises in environmental, local government, resource management and public law. She assists clients with infrastructure projects, designations, resource consent and plan change processes. She also assists with environmental due diligence and Public Works Act processes.
Jill has appeared for clients in Boards of Inquiry, Council hearings, Environment Court, High Court and Land Valuation Tribunal.
Jill is a committee member of the Auckland branch of the Resource Management Law Association.
Jill has advised:
- the Transport Agency in obtaining designations and related resource consent approvals for two Roads of National Significance – MacKays to Peka Peka and Pūhoi to Warkworth
- a client to obtain resource consents under the Housing Accords and Special Housing Areas Act 2013
- clients through the Auckland Unitary Plan process, including related appeals and judicial review
- Waste Management to obtain resource consents necessary for the continued operation of the Redvale Landfill
- clients on sensitivity of land under the Overseas Investment Act 2005
- clients to resolve appeals against proposed plans and plan changes, including attendances at mediations, and appearances in the Environment Court
- clients to draft and review plan provisions, in particular for greenfield development, urban expansion and rural subdivision
- a local authority client to obtain the required resource consents to construct a trunk wastewater pipeline (including a submarine component). This project also involved obtaining authorities from the Historic Places Trust, and
- clients to pass private bills through Parliament. This included assisting with drafting the bill, preparing and reviewing submissions to select committees, and drafting supplementary order papers.