Jill specialises in environmental, resource management and public law. She assists clients with plan changes, designations and resource consent processes.
Jill was previously employed by another top-tier law firm in Auckland. In this role, she assisted local authorities with issues under the Resource Management Act and Local Government Act. She also represented councils in the Land Valuation Tribunal.
Jill is a committee member of the Wellington branch of the Resource Management Law Association and Young RMLA.
- assisted the NZ Transport Agency in obtaining a designation and related resource consent approvals for a national roading project
- been seconded to Transpower, working in the legal team assisting with a full range of resource management matters
- appeared in High Court judicial review proceedings
- assisted clients to resolve appeals against proposed plans and plan changes, including attendances at mediations, and appearances in the Environment Court
- assisted clients to draft and review plan provisions, in particular for greenfield development, urban expansion and rural subdivision
- assisted a local authority client to obtain the required resource consents to construct a trunk wastewater pipeline (including a submarine component). This project also involved obtaining authorities from the Historic Places Trust
- assisted clients to pass private bills through Parliament. This included assisting with drafting the bill, preparing and reviewing submissions to select committees, and drafting supplementary order papers, and
- assisted clients with obligations under the Local Government (Auckland Amendment) Act and advised on the re-organisation of the Auckland governance structure.