Joseph is a senior solicitor in the litigation and dispute resolution team based in Christchurch. He specialises in health and safety as well as general civil litigation and insurance law.
Joseph regularly supports clients during health and safety investigations by WorkSafe and other regulators. He has appeared in the High Court and District Court during both prosecutions and appeals. He also provides advice to clients on compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Joseph worked at a magic circle firm in London. Previously he was employed by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and at another New Zealand law firm.
- appeared in the first defended hearing under the new Health and Safety at Work Act which involved a multi-party prosecution by WorkSafe New Zealand
- appeared at the first sentencing appeal under the Health and Safety at Work Act
- acted for a client who successfully obtained an enforceable undertaking after being charged by WorkSafe
- advised on high hazard regulatory compliance for a major hazard facility, and
- advised on claims arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes.