Joshua specialises in corporate and securities law with particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and takeovers.
He also advises on a full range of corporate, securities, shareholder and regulatory matters, including issues arising under the NZX Listing Rules, the Takeovers Code and the overseas investment regime.
After several years at leading New York firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore; Joshua re-joined Chapman Tripp in 2011.
Recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Global 2020.
- Rubicon Technology Partners, a US-based private equity firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software companies, on its majority investment in Cin7, a specialist in cloud-based inventory management software and point-of-sale solutions
- French company B2A, a leader in automation and robotics, on its acquisition of Glidepath, a New Zealand company at the forefront of airport baggage handling solutions
- Datamars SA on its acquisitions of Simcro, a market leader in livestock pharmaceutical delivery devices, and the retail solutions and milk meters businesses of Tru-Test, a leading agricultural technology business
- PGG Wrightson on the $421m sale of its seeds business to Danish company DLF Seeds
- ASX-listed Integral Diagnostics on its $105m acquisition of Specialist Radiology Group, Trinity MRI and Cavendish Radiology
- Waterman Capital on its acquisition of My Food Bag, the leading New Zealand food bag supplier
- Academic Colleges Group, New Zealand's largest private education provider, on its sale to funds associated with Pacific Equity Partners.
Member of the New York Bar
Council member of New
Zealand Private Capital