Julia is a senior solicitor specialising in the conduct of complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
She advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes, including property, contract, company, competition, trust, and finance law issues. Julia has appeared as counsel in the Court of Appeal, High Court and District Court, and in alternative dispute resolution forums.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Julia practised as a junior barrister at Shortland Chambers, acting in both civil and criminal matters, including representing clients in both jury and judge only trials. She was formerly a judges’ clerk at the Auckland High Court.
- acted for a major hotel chain in relation to a contract/partnership dispute
- acted for a major hotel chain in relation to a shareholders/board dispute
- appeared in the High Court for a finance company defending a class action dispute
- acted for businesses being investigated by the Commerce Commission for alleged regulatory breaches
- acted for a company seeking to recover assets in a fraud investigation
- appeared in the Court of Appeal in relation to a dispute between iwi over the outcome of an arbitration relating to a historic land-ownership claim, and
- acted as both prosecution and defence counsel in criminal matters.