Julian specialises in commercial dispute resolution, advising corporate and private clients in a wide range of sectors.
Julian advises clients on corporate and regulatory matters as well as general contract, tort, and equity-based issues. Julian also has experience in contentious public law and tax disputes.
Julian began his career at Chapman Tripp before gaining international experience in the London offices of Joseph Hage Aaronson and Hogan Lovells, where he advised clients in complex commercial litigation and arbitration, and tax disputes, frequently with a cross-border element. Julian re-joined Chapman Tripp in January 2018.
Julian has advised:
- the receivers of a failed finance company in litigation against the directors
- domestic and international clients on contract, tort, and equity-based claims
- an investor in a significant London-based international arbitration
- an engineering company in English judicial review proceedings
- multinationals and high-net-worth individuals in tax disputes with various European tax authorities.