Laura advises clients on a broad range of
commercial disputes, including corporate and regulatory matters, as well as
general contract and tort issues.
Specialising in the conduct of complex
commercial litigation, Laura has represented clients in the Supreme Court,
Court of Appeal and High Court and has acted in alternative dispute resolution
forums. She has particular expertise in contentious private and public law,
including insurance disputes, directors’ liability claims, construction
disputes and administrative law claims.
Laura began her career as a judges’ clerk
at the Supreme Court of New Zealand before completing post graduate studies at
the University of Oxford.
Recognised as a next generation lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Acted in high profile litigation against
directors of failed finance companies.
- Acted for various iwi governance entities
in judicial review claims.
- Advised and acted for Hollywood studios on
a range of matters, including in pre-judgment asset protection proceedings.
- Advised on various contentious aspects of
large scale corporate insolvency.
- Acted on a range of contentious
intellectual property matters.
- Advised on high-value product liability