Lauren advises on all aspects of major
energy projects, commercial contracts and regulatory matters, specialising in
the energy and technology sectors.
With expertise and specific interest in
renewable energy projects and emerging technology, Lauren has advised clients
in New Zealand and the United Arab Emirates on power, gas, solar and
infrastructure projects. She regularly advises on commercial contracts for gas
and electricity, regulatory compliance and consumer law.
Lauren previously worked for UK "magic
circle" law firm Allen & Overy, in their Abu Dhabi projects team. While there,
she advised on the development of independent power and water projects and
large scale gas transactions.
Recognised as a next generation lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Vector on the sale of its Kapuni gas treatment plant to Todd Energy and its associated entry into long-term gas and LPG supply arrangements from Kapuni field
- Mercury on construction and long-term maintenance of a new 119MW windfarm at Turitea near Palmerston North
- First Gas on its Ahuroa Gas storage facility acquired from Contact Energy
- First Gas on its $260m acquisition of the Rockgas LPG business from Contact Energy
- Vector on its sale of subsidiary Vector Gas, owner of gas transmission pipelines and gas distribution networks outside of Auckland, to two infrastructure funds managed by First State Funds for $952.5m
- Te Ahi o Maui (a partnership between Eastland Generation and the Kawerau A8D Ahu Whenua Trust) on its 25MW geothermal power plant at Kawerau.