Lucy is experienced in engaging with the Commerce Commission on cartel, merger clearances and variety of other competition and consumer issues. She also advises clients on their everyday competition law, consumer and regulatory issues.
Previously, Lucy worked in the competition departments of Slaughter and May in London and Mallesons Stephen Jacques (now King & Wood Mallesons) in Sydney.
Recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and as a next generation lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Advising Z Energy on its response to the Commerce Commission's first-ever market study, into retail fuel.
- Advising Pfizer on the New Zealand merger clearance process for the combination of its and GlaxoSmithKline's consumer healthcare businesses.
- Advising PGG Wrightson Seeds on the New Zealand merger clearance process for its acquisition by DLF Seeds.
- Advising Z Energy on its acquisition of Chevron New Zealand's downstream business, including its Caltex service station network.
- Advising on Commerce Commission investigations of cartel and other anti-competitive conduct, and consumer protection issues, including Bayleys on the Commission's real estate cartel investigation.