Marie advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, specialising in employment law and health and safety.
Marie works with a number of the firm’s key clients, many of whom are large employers. Her broad range of general commercial experience means that she is able to provide practical advice relevant to the clients’ commercial objectives.
Marie assists clients on the full range of employment and health and safety matters. She has represented clients in numerous mediations and hearings, has experience in acting for employers on health and safety investigations and prosecutions and works alongside clients to help them understand the new health and safety regime.
Marie helps clients manage employment and health and safety risks through compliance advice and training, and she has spoken at a number of conferences on both employment and health and safety.
Marie is recognised as an Up and Coming lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2018.
- advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, Holiday Act claims, disciplinary processes, work place stress, restructuring, redundancy and grievances
- frequently been involved in matters requiring negotiation with union representatives
- provided training sessions to managers and senior leaders within organisations on both employment and health and safety (H&S) matters
- advised on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions and mergers
- appeared in various employment proceedings such as mediations, Authority hearings and Employment Court cases, and
- advised on H&S-related matters, including investigations into H&S-related incidents and acting for clients in a number of H&S-related prosecutions (both insured and uninsured).