Michelle specialises in insurance litigation with a particular focus on professional indemnity and statutory liability claims.
She is also experienced in environment, planning and resource management law.
- acted for architects in relation to weathertightness and faulty design claims
- acted for law firms and lawyers in professional negligence claims and disciplinary matters, including on issues relating to leases, trusts and the Construction Contracts Act
- appeared at Coroner’s inquests on behalf of various entities
- acted for district health boards and other health providers following complaints made under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act and Human Rights Act
- represented various individuals and entities charged with breaching the Resource Management Act, Biosecurity Act, and Health and Safety at Work Act
- advised Lyttelton Port Company on numerous matters, including the development of the Lyttelton Port Recovery Plan under earthquake recovery legislation, the Channel Deepening Project and the reclamation at Te Awaparahi Bay, and
- represented numerous clients on the development of the Christchurch Replacement District Plan, including in relation to heritage buildings, provisions for entertainment and hospitality, and noise issues.