Michelle specialises in insurance litigation with a particular focus on statutory liability and professional indemnity claims. She regularly acts for individuals and organisations involved in Health and Disability Commissioner investigations, Human Rights Review Tribunal proceedings, and Coroner’s inquests.
Also experienced in regulatory prosecutions, Michelle helps individuals and organisations that are being investigated and prosecuted under the Health and Safety at Work Act, Civil Aviation Act and Resource Management Act. Michelle’s specialist knowledge in these areas means she is adept at assisting clients in navigating complex processes and developing strategies to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Appeared at Coroner’s inquests on behalf of various entities.
- Acted for district health boards and other health providers following complaints made under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act and Human Rights Act.
- Represented various individuals and entities charged with breaching the Resource Management Act, Biosecurity Act, Conservation Act, Civil Aviation Act and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Acted for architects on weathertightness and faulty design claims.
- Acted for law firms and lawyers in professional negligence claims and disciplinary matters, including on issues relating to leases, trusts and the Construction Contracts Act.
New Zealand Insurance Law Association
Canterbury Women's Legal Association