Moria is a senior solicitor in the litigation and dispute resolution team, focusing on restructuring and insolvency disputes.
She acts for clients on a range of commercial disputes, at all stages of dispute resolution.
As part of the restructuring and insolvency team, Moria advises insolvency practitioners, creditors and directors on issues arising out of various insolvency processes. She also advises on insurance liability claims arising out of natural disasters, and advises clients on contractual disputes.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Moria worked as a Judges’ Clerk at the Auckland High Court.
- recently acted as part of the team defending four of the former directors of Mainzeal Property and Construction Limited against claims for reckless trading and other breaches of directors’ duties
- acted for the Earthquake Commission (EQC) on multiple litigation claims arising out of the Canterbury Earthquakes
- advised the provisional liquidators of a Cayman Islands company listed in Hong Kong on the preservation of New Zealand assets to support the liquidators’ fraud claim in Hong Kong against former directors and related parties
- advised a national telecommunications provider on debt recovery options
- advised a liquidator during the investigation into the insolvency of a company, including a formal examination of a director suspected of theft from the company, and
- advised an education provider on its contractual dispute with a subcontractor.