Nick specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular interest in mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate governance.
Advising across a range of industries, he has particular expertise in the retirement village and aged care sectors, and in agribusiness in both New Zealand and Australia. Nick also advises on joint ventures, supply and distribution contracts and other commercial arrangements.
Nick has also spent time in the UK completing his Master of Law at the University of Cambridge in between his time with Chapman Tripp.
Nick has advised:
- Ravensdown on corporate governance and commercial arrangements
- Ryman Healthcare on the retirement villages statutory regime, healthcare legislation and associated areas and its corporate/commercial issues and activities
- Arvida on its acquisition of retirement villages and aged care facilities, including its recent acquisition of Bethlehem Country Club, Bethlehem Shores and Queenstown Country Club villages
- Market Gardeners on its investments in a range of businesses in New Zealand and Australia
- NZ Merino on a range of projects and initiatives, including with universities and government agencies
- Gough Group on the sale of its CAT and Transport businesses to Sime Darby for $211m
- EBOS Group on its acquisition of the Red Seal natural health products business for $80m
- Shanghai Pengxin on SFL Holdings’ full takeover of Synlait Farms
- Cavotec MSL Holdings on its court-approved scheme of arrangement (including related regulatory matters)
- a range of clients on business and share sale and purchase transactions, joint ventures, supply and distribution arrangements (both in New Zealand and internationally) and other types of commercial arrangements, and
- other clients on corporate governance, NZX and statutory and regulatory compliance issues.