Nick specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular interest in financial products (securities) law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate compliance.
Nick advises a variety of clients across a range of industries, and has developed experience and expertise in the retirement village and aged care sector, rural services industries in both New Zealand and Australia, and NZX compliance and general companies and securities law.
Nick spent the years 2012-2013 in the UK completing his Master of Law at the University of Cambridge in between his time with Chapman Tripp.
Nick has advised:
- Ravensdown on commercial arrangements and legal compliance matters
- Ryman Healthcare and other operators in relation to the retirement villages statutory regime, healthcare legislation and associated areas
- EBOS Group on its acquisition of the Red Seal natural health products business for $80m
- NZ Merino on a range of projects and initiatives, including with involvement from universities and government agencies
- Shanghai Pengxin on SFL Holdings’ full takeover of Synlait Farms
- various clients on securities law matters and issues under the NZX Listing Rules, including Kathmandu Holdings on its primary listing on the NZSX and ASX, and Bathurst Resources on its listing as a dual-listed issuer on the NZSX
- Cavotec MSL Holdings on its Part 15 court-approved scheme of arrangement (including related regulatory matters)
- a range of clients on business and share sale and purchase transactions, joint ventures, supply and distribution arrangements (both in New Zealand and internationally) and other types of commercial arrangements, and
- numerous clients on corporate governance and statutory and regulatory compliance issues.