Nicola specialises in
resource management and environment law.
Nicola advises national infrastructure providers, property developers,
Māori trusts, environmental organisations and other businesses and individuals
in relation to planning, resource consent and designation processes under the
Resource Management Act.
She also assists clients with Local Government Act and
Public Works Act issues.
- acted for a major retirement village provider in relation to resource consent applications for retirement village developments across New Zealand, as well as a number of planning processes
- acted for Transpower in relation to various planning processes, including the Auckland Unitary Plan Environment Court and High Court appeals
- advised the NZ Transport Agency on the designation and resource consent aspects of a number of state highway projects
- acted for an iwi trust opposing resource consents for a geothermal power station
- advised a number of infrastructure clients in relation to Special Housing Areas
- acted for a charitable organisation seeking resource consents for an apartment development
- advised infrastructure providers on a number of national planning documents, including the New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement, National Policy Statement for Electricity Transmission and the National Environmental Standard for Telecommunication Facilities
- advised landowners on Public Works Act matters, and
- provided advice on development contributions under the Local Government Act.