Paula specialises in dispute resolution with experience in arbitration, insurance, finance and construction disputes.
Paula advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes, including contract interpretation, property insurance claims, construction contract disputes, and disputes with equity, trusts and public law issues.
She joined Chapman Tripp in 2013 from Allen & Overy LLP in London where she gained experience in international commercial and investor-treaty arbitration (in London and Singapore), project finance and international capital markets. During her time at Allen & Overy, Paula was seconded to Deutsche Bank for six months, where she advised on structured finance transactions.
- appeared as junior counsel in the High Court and Court of Appeal
- acted as part of the legal team advising a multinational insurer on a reinsurance claim arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes
- advised on disputes arising out of design and build construction contracts and related insurance claims
- acted as junior counsel in a priority dispute between the corporate trustee and a former director arising out of the failure of a finance company, and
- advised on multiple claims arising out of the Canterbury Earthquakes.