Peter is a senior associate in our property and real estate team.
Peter advises clients on a broad range of commercial property issues, including property acquisition, leasing, due diligence and consents required for overseas investment in New Zealand.
- advised Shanghai CRED and its New Zealand subsidiaries on a range of matters, including luxury resort development and operation, property management and acquisitions, and cooperation with local communities and iwi
- acted for a substantial Chinese client on its New Zealand restructure, as well as its acquisition and development of commercial real estate in Auckland
- advised domestic and international investors on negotiating contracts for sale, undertaking due diligence, financing and completing settlement in respect of commercial property acquisitions and divestments
- advised AMI Insurance on its structural separation and $380m sale to IAG following the Christchurch earthquake
- advised James Hardie New Zealand on all property and leasing related matters
- acted for international investors on applications to the Overseas Investment Office for commercial property and lifestyle properties
- acted for ANZ on property acquisitions and leasing issues
- managed substantial leasing portfolios, including drafting and negotiating all leasing documentation
- undertaken due diligence investigations of commercial property portfolios, and
- advised on the obligations of landlords, tenants and guarantors.