Philip specialises in corporate and securities law with a particular focus on equity capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
With experience on many of New Zealand's most significant recent initial public offerings (IPOs) and NZX listings and other equity capital markets transactions, Philip acts for issuers, arrangers and underwriters on all aspects of IPOs and capital raisings. He also advises on mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and other corporate law issues, including listed company compliance and corporate governance.
- Advised Deutsche Craigs and Goldman Sachs as joint lead managers of the $234m Napier Port IPO.
- Assisted Kathmandu with its $145m accelerated rights offer to partially fund the $368m acquisition of Rip Curl.
- Advised Fonterra on the sale of its iconic ice cream business, Tip Top, to global ice cream manufacturer Froneri for $380m.
- Assisted Mercury with the sale of its smart metering business, Metrix, to intelliHUB Group for $270m.
- Advised New Zealand King Salmon and Direct Capital on the $77.5m IPO and NZX Main Board and ASX listing of New Zealand King Salmon.
- Advised on two of the New Zealand Government's Mixed Ownership Model programme transactions: Treasury on the $736m IPO and NZX and ASX listing of Genesis Energy, and Mighty River Power (now Mercury) on its $1.7b IPO and NZX and ASX listing.