Phillippa specialises in private client, trust and charity advisory work.
Phillippa advises on all aspects of trust law and operation. She has acted for families in establishing and adapting trust structures, for trustees and for counterparties dealing with trustees.
She has a particular interest in assisting charitable and non-profit organisations and makes a significant contribution to the firm's pro-bono legal work.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Phillippa worked at Allen & Overy in London.
Phillippa has advised:
- on a number of significant contentious family settlements involving trusts, beneficiaries and companies
- on designing asset protection structures and succession plans for successful individuals and their families
- non-New Zealand residents on establishing and administering New Zealand foreign trusts
- many large charitable organisations on constitutional and operational matters
- on a number of mergers of charitable organisations and of non-profit bodies, and
- on establishing limited partnerships, both of charitable organisations and for commercial enterprises.