Pip is a partner in our Auckland corporate team, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate advisory work.
Pip’s experience includes acquisitions, mergers and trade sales; property syndications; acting for New Zealand and offshore parties in commercial transactions including partnership arrangements, supply and outsourcing contracts and international distribution arrangements; employee share plans and general corporate advisory work.
Pip is recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 and Chambers Global 2019. He is also recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019.
Pip is a member of Chapman Tripp's board.
Pip has advised:
- Godfrey Hirst on the New Zealand aspects of its sale to global flooring manufacturer, Mohawk Industries
- New Zealand Superannuation Fund on its 41.1% investment in Fidelity Life
- ASX-listed BlueScope Steel, which owns New Zealand Steel, on the sale of its Taharoa export ironsands business to Taharoa Mining Investments Ltd
- Farm Brands on the merger of Wallace Corporation and the Farm Brands group
- Todd Corporation on the sale of the Ara vineyard
- Augusta Funds Management on its property syndications
- Property for Industry on its $49.5m underwritten pro rata rights issue
- Live Nation in relation to its acquisition of a majority shareholding in EVENZ Limited, which owns and operates the Vector Arena
- Augusta Capital on the acquisition of the KCL Property portfolio and management business
- BlueScope/NZ Steel on their $120m acquisition of the downstream long-products rolling and marketing operations of Pacific Steel Group from Fletcher Building
- Direct Property Fund and Property For Industry on their 2013 merger by scheme of arrangement
- Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation on private equity, investment, governance and contracting matters
- Eastland Generation on its acquisition of the KA24 geothermal power plant and its joint venture with A8D Trust and IDG for development of the Te Ahi O Maui geothermal development
- Mighty River Power (now Mercury), Chorus, Z Energy and Milford Asset Management on executive incentive arrangements, and
- various clients on general companies and FMCA compliance issues.