Pip specialises in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and large-scale commercial transactions, for international and domestic clients.
An experienced partner in our Auckland corporate team, Pip is also a Chapman Tripp board member. He has particular expertise in property-sector transactions and employee share schemes.
Pip’s expertise also includes property syndications; acting for New Zealand and offshore parties in commercial transactions including partnership arrangements, supply and outsourcing contracts and international distribution arrangements.
Recognised as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Global 2020.
- Assisting Augusta Capital on all of its property funds and single asset syndications and significant transactions since Augusta was established in 2003 and advising the Augusta independent directors on the Centuria takeover offer.
- Leading the Chapman Tripp team that assisted Fonterra on the sale of Tip Top to global ice cream manufacturer Froneri for NZ$380m.
- Leading the Chapman Tripp teams that assisted Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation Fund on its investment into a $300m hotel portfolio established by the Russell Group and Lockwood Property Group, its cornerstone 40% investment in Fidelity Life and the sale of various New Zealand forests to China Forestry Group.
- Advising Todd Group on the sale of the majority of the Todd Property Group assets, land development business and Kapiti airport to NZ PropCo and the sale of the Ara vineyard and brands.
- Advising Property for Industry (PFI) on its capital raisings and NZX compliance, internalisation of the PFIM management contract and the 2013 merger of Direct Property Fund and PFI.
- Advising Eastland Group on a range of corporate and M&A matters including various group restructures, acquiring the KA24 geothermal power plant and its joint venture with A8D Trust for development of the Te Ahi O Maui geothermal development.