Prue advises on a wide range of legal and compliance matters affecting financial service providers and their investment products, particularly KiwiSaver and managed investment schemes
Prue has experience working in-house at a New Zealand bank, and also in private practice.
advised on a wide range of legal and compliance matters affecting funds management businesses, focusing on financial services laws including the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (FMCA)
- advised on issues affecting KiwiSaver schemes, such as:
- changes to offer documents, and all marketing collateral required to reflect a KiwiSaver scheme’s new default KiwiSaver scheme status
- establishing online application forms and retirement withdrawals form and processes
- governance changes arising from the legislation requiring the change of issuer of a KiwiSaver scheme, from the Trustee to the Manager
- advised on new governance requirements from the FMCA, including reviewing Trust Deeds
drafted and reviewed Services Agreements, Participation Agreements, and Investment Management Agreements
- advised on the Risk Management Framework for a funds management business, and
- advised on issues affecting new online marketing and internet banking initiatives in online and internet banking, including the Financial Advisers Act, Privacy law, and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act.