Rachel specialises in corporate and securities law with particular expertise in equity capital markets and mergers and acquisitions.
Rachel has acted on many of New Zealand's most significant recent IPOs, NZX listings and other equity capital markets transactions, as well as range of public and private M&A transactions. She has a reputation for ensuring complex and involved processes run smoothly.
Rachel is a member of the NZ Markets Disciplinary Tribunal (NZMDT). She is recognised as a Rising Star by independent legal directory IFLR1000 2019 and as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 and in Chambers Global 2019.
Relevant recent experience
Rachel has advised:
- Mercury NZ Ltd on the sale of its smart-metering business, Metrix, to intelliHUB Group for a cash consideration of $270m
- Heartland Bank on its $59m pro rata rights issue and shortfall bookbuild
- New Zealand King Salmon and Direct Capital on the $77.5m IPO and NZX Main Board and ASX listing of New Zealand King Salmon
- NZME on its demerger from APN News & Media, its subsequent listing on the NZX Main Board and ASX, and the proposed merger with Stuff (previously Fairfax New Zealand)
- First NZ Capital and Credit Suisse on SKYCITY's fully underwritten $263m accelerated renounceable entitlement offer
- Partners Life on Blackstone Group’s $200m investment into the insurer
- Pencarrow Private Equity on its acquisitions of interests in MMC, Mix, BeGroup, SolarCity and Bell Tea and Coffee Company
- Direct Capital on its acquisition of interests in Hiway Group and Bayleys Real Estate and its sale of interests in Transaction Services Group and T&G Global
- Deutsche Craigs on the $82m block trade of Chevron’s 11.3% stake in The New Zealand Refining Company
- Scales Corporation and Direct Capital on the $149m IPO and NZX listing of Scales Corporation and on the subsequent sale of Direct Capital’s retained stake to China Resources Ng Fung, and
- on two of the New Zealand Government’s Mixed Ownership Model programme transactions: the Treasury on the $733m IPO and NZX and ASX listing of Genesis Energy, and Mighty River Power (now Mercury) on its $1.68b IPO and NZX and ASX listing.