Roger is a partner focusing on corporate and securities law.
Roger advises on public market mergers and acquisitions, equity
capital market transactions, business reorganisations, corporate governance and
He is a member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand, the Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand (INFINZ), the executive of the Listed Companies Association, and a recent member of the New Zealand Takeovers Panel.
Roger is consistently ranked as a leading individual by independent legal directories. He is recognised as a Band 1 lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 and Chambers Global 2019. Roger is also highly regarded in capital markets by IFLR1000 2019, and is recognised as a leading individual in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019.
Roger has advised:
- Ebos on its $175m placement primarily to new institutional investors
- Moa Group on its acquisition and equity funding of Savor Group
- Precinct on its innovative $162m placement and retail offer
- SLI Systems on the response to the full takeover offer made by US based ESW Holdings
- Steel & Tube (STU) with its response to the $315m unsolicited bid by Fletcher Building to acquire STU by scheme of arrangement, ultimately rejected by the STU board
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life for AU$3.3b
- Steel & Tube on its $80.9m pro rata rights issue and shortfall bookbuild
- Tegel Group Holdings board on the response to the $438m takeover by Bounty Fresh Foods
- Mercury NZ on the unincorporated joint venture full takeover offer with Infratil to acquire Tilt Renewables, which resulted in 20% and 65% holdings
- Kathmandu on its $40m underwritten placement and $10m share purchase plan
- Trilogy International on its sale to CITIC Capital Partners Limited for $205m
- Tower and its directors in relation to the $197m negotiated full takeover being made by Fairfax Financial Holdings by scheme of arrangement and the competing $219m unsolicited proposal received from Vero New Zealand, and its $70m rights issue
- NZX-listed code company Airwork Holdings in response to the $211.4m partial takeover offer by Zhejiang Rifa Holding Group Co. Limited (RIFA) to acquire 75% of Airwork, and the follow-on full takeover offer and compulsory acquisition
- Arvida Group on its $77m underwritten pro rata rights issue and acquisitions of Mary Doyle Lifecare, Strathallan Lifecare and 50% of Village at the Park Lifecare for approximately $106m in 2017, and its $42m underwritten pro rata rights issue and acquisitions of the Cascades Retirement resort in Hamilton, the Bethlehem Views care facility and Copper Crest Village Estate retirement village in Tauranga, and Lauriston Park retirement village in Cambridge for $66m in 2016
- Lendlease on the sale of its New Zealand retirement village portfolio to the Blackstone Tactical Opportunities fund, following a contested sale process
- Vector on its sale of subsidiary Vector Gas, owner of gas transmission pipelines and gas distribution networks outside of Auckland, to two infrastructure funds managed by First State Investments for $952.5m, following a contested international sale process, and
- Arvida Group on all aspects of its 2014 $80m IPO and NZX Main Board listing, in conjunction with an acquisition of 17 aged care facilities for scrip for a deal value of $329m.