A leading capital markets, banking and structured finance lawyer, Ross advises on a broad range of syndicated and bilateral funding transactions, including asset-backed and other limited recourse structures, and sustainable finance. He also advises on derivatives (including financial markets infrastructures), securitisation structures and transactions, securities law and prudential regulatory matters, and infrastructure financing arrangements.
Ross has helped develop new markets, including the Kauri Bond market, and advises a range of local and international issuers and arrangers. He also counsels on structured and vanilla derivatives transactions, documentation and related collateral arrangements.
Ross was awarded the New Zealand Market Achievement Award at the 2015 KangaNews Awards and an INFINZ fellowship for his contribution to the New Zealand capital markets.
Recognised as a Band 1 lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2020, highly regarded by IFLR1000 2020 and recognised as a leading individual in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020. He is also listed in the International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers and is recognised in the Best Lawyers in New Zealand directory for Banking Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Structured Finance Law.
- a broad range of local and international issuers on retail and wholesale capital markets programmes and transactions, including green and sustainable bonds
- lenders and borrowers in respect of bilateral, club and syndicated financing facilities, including and LBO, asset-backed and sustainability-linked loans
- central and local government agencies on infrastructure funding and financing arrangements
- banks, non-bank lenders and government agencies on prudential and capital adequacy matters
- financial institutions, corporates and sovereign wealth funds on vanilla and structured derivatives transactions, and related netting, collateral and clearing arrangements
- on numerous warehouse and term-out securitisation transactions.
Board member INFINZ and Australian Securitisation Forum (NZ)