Rupesh is a senior associate specialising in tax law.
He advises on a wide range of tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate restructuring and reorganisations, cross-border transactions, and financing matters.
Rupesh joined Chapman Tripp in May 2017, having previously worked in London in the corporate tax teams of a number of US based law firms, advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and reorganisations and managed funds.
He is also a chartered accountant.
- advised ANZ Bank on tax matters in relation to its sale of OnePath Life to global insurer Cigna Corporation
- advised Mercury on the tax aspects of the sale of its smart-metering business to intelliHUB Group
- advised a number of private equity firms in relation to their fund structures as well as on the acquisitions and sales of a number of their investments
- acted for Wells Fargo Bank on tax matters in relation to the acquisition of their European headquarters based in London
- advised a Hong Kong listed investor on acquisition and financing matters relating to a number of property acquisitions
- advised a US headquartered multinational entertainment group on the restructure and integration of their television business across European jurisdictions, and
- advised a multinational technology group on tax matters in relation to the worldwide launch of their technology and streaming services.