With over 15 years’ legal experience, Sarah advises banks and corporations on compliance with New Zealand’s consumer credit law regime.
She has in-depth knowledge of the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act (CCCFA) and Fair Trading Act. Her experience means that banks, corporates and crown entities call on her for advice on a range of issues in the general banking, corporate finance, and securitisation fields.
- Worked with various New Zealand banks on their CCCFA and unfair contract terms compliance obligations.
- Advised a New Zealand bank on the implications and implementation of the reforms of the CCCFA.
- Assisted ASB on the update of its EMTN programme and issuances under that programme.
- Established various residential mortgage-backed securitisation arrangements for a New Zealand bank.
- Provided assistance to a New Zealand bank in relation to updates of its offshore capital markets programmes.
- Acted for Orion New Zealand on its funding arrangements.